North Bay Church of Christ Core Beliefs
The Bible is the verbally inspired and inerrant Word of God. It must be the final voice of authority in guiding our lives.
- There is one God, who was, is, and is to come.
- We Believe in the triune nature of God; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- God, out of love for His children, sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins and rise from the dead.
- Christ will return one day to claim His followers, and we shall be with Him forever.
- The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and God’s Word to continue the task of reaching the lost and disciplining the saved, helping them to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Members of the body are to identify their God-given skills and abilities and use them to glorify God and bless others. Even though we are not saved by our good works, we are saved for good works.
- Congregational unity and love are high priorities.
Salvation is the free gift of God. The death of Jesus Christ on the cross is the only sufficient payment for our sins. All have sinned, but all can be saved. This salvation is available for all who, in trusting faith, call on the Lord by repenting of sin and being baptized into Jesus for the forgiveness of sin. In response to faith in Jesus, God gives us the Holy Spirit to live within.